Low melting point polymer refers to low melt polyester chip here. The below questions help you to know more about low melting point polymers.
Q1: Can you please give your manufacturing capacity?
– Our production capacity is 200MT/Month for LM PET polymer.
Q2: Can you provide us with a brief outline of the manufacturing process of LM pet polymers?
– We adopt the Semicontinuous PTA process. The main raw material is PTA and MEG. After the esterification process, it comes to the kettle for modification. For some specialty products, several modification kettles are needed. Then it comes to the condensation polymerization process. The last step is particle dicing. For some special chips, we also conduct pre-crystallization treatment.
Q3: We want melting points as follows.—90 -95 deg cel, 110-115 deg cels and 140 deg cels.
-The melting points you require are available in our factory.
Q4: We will need bright as well as semi-dull. Can you provide them?
– Yes. Both grades are available here.
Q5: Does processing these low-melt chips require crystallization and a dryer setup at our end?
– – For low-melt polyester chips (Melting point＜180℃), no need for crystallization but need to heat up slowly for drying.
The setting of the drying temperature is based on the melting point. For example, if Melting Point is around 100℃, the drying temperature can not exceed 80℃.
— For low-melt polyester chips (Melting point≥180℃), we can provide chips with crystallization or without crystallization.
For chips with crystallization, just need to set up a dryer at your end. The dryer can be a normal one or a drum vacuum dryer.
Q6: Will further process to make yarn require a special extruder say a twin screw with a vacuum system and polymer filters?
– The device you mention above is NOT widely used in China market now. But we think it is theoretically feasible. This device is easy to operate and we can feed material through screws after chips are dried simply.
And in our opinion, it would be better if you install two vacuum exhaust ports. The port can guarantee exhaustion after chips are melted and decrease the degradation of melt in a screw.
Installation of filters is beneficial for the smooth spinning process of yarn.
Q7: Do chips have monomer or VOC contents requiring a monomer extraction system in a spinning line?
There is no need for such an extraction system because there is little monomer content and VOC inside the chips.
Q8: What percentage do you recommend adding？
As for the sheath-core LM fibers, there are usually two types, 70/30 and 80/20. That means you need 30% or 20% of low melt PET.