Sulphonated Polyethylene Terephthalate Powder is a new type of water-soluble polymer made of purified terephthalic acid, ethylene glycol, hydrophilic groups, and modifiers. Among them, PTA and EG act as the main materials. It has excellent degradability and is the ideal choice for the textile sizing industry at home and abroad. It is mainly used for sizing polyester spun yarn and blended yarn.
Polyvinyl Alcohol (PVA) is the main chemical for textile sizing. But PVA cost is high and not easy for biodegradation.
Water-soluble polyester size has excellent water solubility, no residue after desizing, excellent biodegradation, and minimal impact on the environment. It is called green sizing chemical.
The molecular weight of PET powder is very similar to that of polyester. According to the principle of “similarity and compatibility”, it has high adhesion to polyester, which significantly reduces the hairiness on the surface of the warp yarn. And the film is tough, which effectively reduces the rate of warp yarn breakage and improves the efficiency of looms by 15-20%. What’s more, water-soluble PET has a lower cost than PVA. So it can help the end users to save production costs by at least 50%. Sulphonated Polyethylene Terephthalate Powder can also reduce the cost of sewage treatment, because of its excellent biodegradation.
- Non-toxic, odorless, and easily soluble in hot water above 80 degrees
- Simple cooking method, and easily mixing with water in any proportion
- Good compatibility with other sizing additives
- 95-98%of loom efficiency
Based on the current recipe, replace 2 kgs of PVA with 1kg of WSP resin (using modified starch to cover the Deficient part) and at the same time maintain the same solid content.
- Heat up soft water to 85℃
- Add our resin and keep stirring
- When the polyester resin is fully dissolved and cooled down the water
- Add other ingredients when the water temperature is less than 40℃.
- Cook for 40 minutes at 95 temperature.